We like to refer to our years at HUTTON as HUTTON years; one year at HUTTON is 7 years somewhere else. If you are a self-motivated person, who loves to learn and thrives in a fast pace environment, this is the place for you. Sometimes it?s a bit crazy around here, but we guarantee the days will go fast, you?ll learn a lot and have fun along the way.
Our Service Philosophy:
We create relationships that instill trust and exceed expectations through customer service, quality, and experience.
We commit to the following standards:
Construction Retail Superintendent
- Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining on-site employees.
- Communicates job expectations, planning, monitors, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation action; adhering to policies and procedures.
- Manages sub-contractors by monitoring and controlling subcontractor performance.
- Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews.
- Implements production, productivity, quality, customer service standards, resolving problems, identifying on-site management system improvements.
- Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Accomplishes construction project schedule results by defining project purpose and scope, calculating resources required, establishing standards and protocols, allocating resources, scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors, evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions, identifying and resolving design problems, evaluating and implementing change orders.
- Approves subcontractor scope by conducting inspections at critical phases and obtaining approvals from Owners and Owner Representatives.
- Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing codes.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards, participating in educational opportunities i.e. OSHA-10, First Aid CPR, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests, exploring opportunities to add value to job requirements.
- 100% travel responsibilities.
- Safety: Employees work requires knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) pertaining to construction safety, and supervisory techniques, personnel policies, and procedures. Gathers evidence and prepares reports on code violation complaints and construction accidents and fatalities. Documents violations through notes, sketches, measurements, and photographs.
- Quality: Review process by which superintendents review the quality of all factors involved with on-site production. Ensures and controls products in place to meet plans and specifications.
- Coordination: Run the day-to-day operations on the construction site and control the short-term schedule. The role of the superintendent also includes important quality control and subcontractor coordination responsibilities. The project manager and superintendent need to cooperate and share control effectively.
- Material Delivery: Identifies and manages that specified materials are delivered on-site to meet project?s needs.
- Job Evaluations: Involved in monitoring project cost and profitability with the Project Manager and Superintendent through project completion.
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- ADA Requirements
- Problem Solving
- Industry/ Technical skills
- Time Management
- Minimum 5 years retail construction experience
- SWPPP credentials